Welcome to Dread Prison, the new and improved version of the ‘Prison of Despair’ mod. This mod allows you to send anyone in Skyrim to your own prison, located in the south of Lake Ilinalta. Lock up any NPC in Skyrim, send them to the mine to gather resources, or even enter them into the arena. Available for Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim (or wherever you have Skyrim installed on your system).
- Merge the Data folder from the mod’s zip file with the Data folder in the Skyrim directory.
- Launch Skyrim and click on Data Files, then make sure the mod is enabled and in the correct load order.
- DreadPrisonAddon(s).esp (Optional)
- DreadPrisonPatch(s).esp (Optional)
** WhateverDev does not condone owning prisons of any kind, especially medieval and inhumane ones, obviously.
- Dread Prison 4.2.1: Most recent main file.
- Dread Prison Add-on 1 – Prison of Agony: Adds Prison of Agony expansion. Requires main file (4.0+).
- Dread Prison Add-on 2 – Cell Block 2: File removed, added to main file.
- Dread Prison Add-on 3 – Solstheim: Adds a maximum security prison to in Solstheim. Requires main file (4.1+) and Dragonborn DLC.
- Dread Prison Patch (Aurora Village – Moon and Star): Fixes exterior conflict with Aurora Village and/or Moon and Star mod(s). Requires main file (4.2+).