Prison of Despair
Prison of Despair was the predecessor to ‘Dread Prison‘. This prison was the original solution for locking up anyone who crossed you wrong while adventuring in Skyrim. You can find the entrance in the northwest of Hjaalmarch, just south of Dragon Bridge. This mod sought to bring the Oblivion mod ‘Carcernus Prison‘ into Skyrim.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim (or wherever you have Skyrim installed on your system).
- Merge the Data folder from the mod’s zip file with the Data folder in the Skyrim directory.
- Launch Skyrim and click on Data Files, then make sure the mod is enabled and in the correct load order.
- PrisonAddon(s).esp (Optional)
** WhateverDev does not condone owning prisons of any kind, especially medieval and inhumane ones, obviously.
- Prison of Despair 2.3: Most recent main file.
- Prison Add-on 1 – City Prisons: Adds locations in pre-existing city jails. Requires main file (2.3+).
- Prison Add-on 2 – Treasure Hunt: File removed.
- Prison Add-on 3 – Cell Block 2: Adds a second cell block. Requires main file (2.3+).